The Ministry of Health plays a role in improving the quality of life of the people through the priority agenda of the Work Cabinet or known as Nawa Cita (Nine Goals), as follows:
- Presenting the state again to protect all nations and provide security for all citizens.
- Making the government not absent by building clean governance, effective, democratic and reliable.
- Building Indonesia from the periphery by strengthening regions and villages within the framework of a unitary state.
- Refusing weak state by implementing system reform and corruption-free law enforcement, dignified and reliable.
- Improving the quality of Indonesian human life.
- Increasing people's productivity and competitiveness in the international market.
- Realizing the economic independence by moving the strategic sectors of the domestic economy.
- Revolutionizing the nation's character.
- Strengthening Unity and strengthening Indonesia's social restoration.
Vision & Mission
The vision and mission of the Ministry of Health follows the vision and mission of the President of the Republic of Indonesia, namely the Realization of a Sovereign Indonesia, Independent and personality based on mutual cooperation. The vision is realized with 7 (seven) development mission namely:
- The realization of national security that is able to maintain regional sovereignty, sustaining economic independence by securing maritime resources and reflecting the personality of Indonesia as an archipelagic country.
- Creating advanced society, sustainable and democratic based on the rule of law.
- Creating free and active foreign policy and strengthening identity as a maritime country.
- Realizing the high quality of Indonesian human life, successful and prosperous.
- Realizing a nation that is competitive.
- Realizing Indonesia to be an independent maritime country, Up, strong and based on the national interest, as well as the
- Realizing a society personality in culture.
In implementing health development, The Ministry of Health always prioritizes the interests of the people and must produce the best for the people. Obtaining the highest degree of health for everyone is one of human rights without distinguishing ethnic groups, class, religion and socio-economic status.
All health development programs must involve all parties, because health development is not only possible by the Ministry of Health. Therefore, all components of society must participate actively, covering across-sectors, professional organization, business community organization, civil society and grassroots communities.
Health programs must be in accordance with the needs and desires of the people, and responsive in overcoming problems in the area, local conditions, social culture and geographical conditions. These factors are the basis for dealing with different health problems, so different treatments are needed.
Health programs must achieve significant results according to targets that have been set and are efficient.
The implementation of health development must be free from corruption, collusion and nepotism (KKN), transparent, and accountable.